Equality & Diversity in the workplace: a guide for business owners, managers and HR
Date: 23rd May
Course Length: Half Day
Why should I book this course?
To protect you and your managers against allegations of discrimination.
Managers and other decision-makers within a business are the most likely to be the target of allegations that they have discriminated. They may even find themselves named as individual respondents in a tribunal claim.
This seminar takes an enlightening walk through the entire employment relationship from recruitment to dismissal and beyond. At each stage, we will highlight the areas where discrimination risks may arise, and explain how to manage the pitfalls to reduce the risk of grievances and tribunal claims.
What can I expect on the day?
This half-day course will help delegates to:
- Refresh their knowledge on the nine “protected characteristics” and the various different types of unlawful discrimination
- Know how to spot the potential pitfalls (such as recruitment, promotion, working hours, flexible working requests, dress codes, harassment, long-term illness) and learn how to effectively manage those risks
- Feel more confident about how to deal seriously and sensitively with allegations of discrimination
- Learn some practical tips to strengthen your “reasonable steps” defence and reduce risk
- Be fully up-to-date on legal developments in relation to discrimination law
As with all didlawEDUCATION courses, our training is delivered in a friendly, un-stuffy manner using engaging case studies and mini-quizzes to test knowledge as we go along. This is a workshop style course with plenty of opportunity for discussion and interaction.
Where will the training take place?
We can accommodate groups of up to 15 delegates at our Offices in Covent Garden. Alternatively, we would be delighted to bring our workshops to you. So, if you would prefer us to deliver the training at your offices, or if you would like a bespoke course for your organisation to take place at our offices on a different date, this can also be arranged.
Who would benefit most from this training?
This is an intermediate-level course which is geared towards line managers, HR managers, senior managers and business owners. It assumes some pre-existing knowledge of employment and discrimination law.
For a basic-level and more generalised course for other members of staff (or for managers returning from a break and looking for a refresher) please see didlawEDUCATION’s Discrimination Awareness: an essential guide for staff course.
How much will it cost and how do I book?
Contact us for pricing and booking information