How to Manage Sickness Absence
Date: 1st August
Course Length: Half Day
Why should I book this course?
Because a happy, healthy workforce is essential for a well-functioning business.
Sickness absence, whether long-term or repeated short-term, can be one of the trickiest problems for employers to handle. If handled badly, these issues can find their way to the employment tribunal as claims for unfair dismissal and/or disability discrimination.
This seminar will provide practical and common-sense advice to guide employers through the legal pitfalls associated with managing sickness absence.
What can I expect on the day?
During this half-day seminar, delegates will:
- Learn the importance of having sickness absence policies and how to use them fairly
- Understand the importance of treating staff consistently and recognise the risk of discrimination claims
- Understand when and how to contact employees during sickness absence
- Learn the importance of investigation and best practice for obtaining medical reports
- Find out about ways to manage intermittent sickness absence, including return-to-work interviews and how to handle “sickies”
- Learn about reasonable adjustments and rehabilitating long-term absentees back to work
- When absence becomes unmanageable, learn how to conduct a fair capability dismissal
- Learn tips to improve attendance and achieve a healthy, happy workforce
As with all didlawEDUCATION courses, our training is delivered in a friendly, un-stuffy manner using engaging case studies and mini-quizzes to test knowledge as we go along. This is a workshop style course with plenty of opportunity for discussion and interaction.
Where will the training take place?
We can accommodate groups of up to 15 delegates at our Offices in Covent Garden. Alternatively, we would be delighted to bring our workshops to you. So, if you would prefer us to deliver the training at your offices, or if you would like a bespoke course for your organisation to take place at our offices on a different date, this can also be arranged.
Who would benefit most from this training?
This is a basic-level course which is geared towards line managers, HR managers, senior managers and business owners, but also a very useful refresher for those returning to work after a break.
How much will it cost and how do I book?
Contact us for pricing and booking information